Angad Bedi on 'Pink'!

Angad Bedi, the son of renowned cricketer Bishan Singh Bedi, is glad to have bagged the opportunity to play Rajveer Singh, a very strong and powerful character in the social-thriller film ‘Pink’. Ahead the release of the film, the model-actor sits down with Bollywood & TV Reporter, Mohnish Singh, and speaks confidently about the film and the person who drew him to this project.
Please, tell us something about your character in the film.
Rajveer Singh is a man who belongs to the classist society of South Delhi. He is very well educated as he has studied at London School of Economics. He belongs to a very conservative family where men and women sit separately. Patriarchal is the right term to describe his family. Rajveer is very strong and very silent. There has been no character like his since long. So I feel myself very lucky to have bagged it. My character makes Pink the film it is. Now whether Mr. Amitabh Bachchan is with him or against him, whether he is against the girl or Rajveer is against the girl is the mystery of the film.
Do you identify with your character in the film?
Rajveer and Angad have nothing in common. I don’t know who Rajveer is, if you ask me. I don’t know him. I don’t understand him. I come from sports background, where discipline comes first. You get up at 4 in the morning, train for the whole day, and go to bed at 8:30 in the night. You live a regimented life. I have grown up like that. I can never indentify with a character like that of Rajveer.
What drew you to this project?
The man called Amitabh Bachchan. There are various kinds of heroes in our society. Some people say sportsmen are real hero, some say soldiers who fight for us at LOC are our real hero. I respect all of them, but I would slightly differ. I think the world knows India by Mr. Bachchan. He is country’s biggest ambassador. The way he has kept himself, the way he manages his life and the way he conducts himself in public is simply amazing. His knowledge of culture, literature and politics is superb.
Do you think it is very difficult for non-industry people to get into Bollywood?
Yes, it is very difficult. And I have faced that. But the question is, so what? There is a long list of actors like Dilip Kumar, Mr. Bachchan, Akshay Kumar, Shah Rukh Khan and Nawazuddin Siddiqui who came from nowhere and look today where they are! It may take a bit long, but if you keep working consistently, your day will come for sure.
Would you be comfortable taking up any television show provided a meaty role comes your way?
I agree television is very good, but the content should be very strong for me to take a plunge. I have already done a small cameo in Anil Kapoor’s 24 because it had great content and was shot like a film.


Comments

Popular Posts