Remo D'Souza on working with Tiger Shroff!

One of India’s ace choreographers, Remo D’Souza has proved his talent as a film director also. From his first directorial ‘F.A.L.T.U’ to ‘ABCD’ and ‘ABCD 2’, all his films have hit the right chord with the audience. And now his latest film ‘A Flying Jatt’ starring Tiger Shroff and Jacqueline Fernandez, releases on the auspicious occasion of Janmashtami amid huge excitement. Buzz also has it that the multifaceted man wants to try his luck as a producer also as he is going to set up his own production house by the end of this year. In an exclusive interview with Mohnish Singh, Remo talks about his latest film, his experience working with Tiger and Jacqueline and his future plans. 
Your latest film ‘A Flying Jatt’ is a superhero flick. How did this idea come to you?
I had this concept in my mind since past 8 years. I always wanted to make a film on it, but was waiting for the right time. One day I got a call from Ekta Kapoor’s Balai Motion Pictures. They wanted to make a complete entertainer that kids can enjoy too. I went to their office and narrated my story. Everyone was thrilled. Afterwards, I developed the idea into a full-fledged film with the help of my writers Aakash Kaushik and Madhur Sharma. This film has everything that makes it a must watch – action, drama, comedy, karate and romance. I myself am Black Belt in karate, so I enjoyed working on this project even more.  
After making successful films on dance like ABCD and ABCD 2, how difficult or easy was it for you to get into a genre which you have not attempted before?
Frankly speaking, initially it was difficult. But I always had faith in my content and, of course, my team. Everybody’s combined efforts made the entire journey quite wonderful.
You are working with Tiger Shroff and Jacqueline Fernandez for the first time. So, how has been your experience working with them?
It was a wonderful experience. It was my first time that I was working with both of them, and I must say that I enjoyed the whole experience a lot. Both of them are extremely talented. I rarely see an artist as hard working as Tiger Shroff. He just goes all out to ensure that the director gets his scene the way he has envisioned it. He is ready to go to any extent to get into the skin of his character. He is simply superb. His dedication to work sets him apart from his contemporaries.
Like all your films as a director, music of A Flying Jatt is also being loved by the audience. So, tell us something about the music in the film?
As you know all my films have music by Sachin-Jigar. So for this film also, the music director duo has composed a melodious soundtrack. I always prefer to work with them because they know my liking in music very well.
There are reports you are coming up with your own production house.
Yes, I will be launching my own production house most probably by the end of this year. I have been planning for the same since long, but I am quite hopeful it will come into existence this year. I am giving break to one of my associates Stanley D’Costa in my first production. He will direct the film. He has previously assisted me on my films like F.A.L.T.U, ABCD 2 and A Flying Jatt. As far as actors in the film are concerned, it will feature Salman Yusuf and Sakti Mohan.
A lot of people are talking about the next installment to the hit franchise ABCD. So, is ABCD 3 is happening?
Yes, ABCD 3 is on the cards. An idea is being worked out for the next installment of the film.

Comments

Popular Posts